Where does my money go?
A volunteer match requires professional support to succeed well for strong impact.
Your donation pays staff to manage the mentoring program, who:
- Provide crucial match support – which is cited as most valuable of all we offer by our mentors
- Maximize child safety
- Provide mentor training and orientation
- Recruit volunteers
- Interview children and families
- Interview potential volunteers
- Run criminal background checks on volunteers
- Thoroughly check volunteer references
- Make matches
- Supervise school and site-based matches
- Develop program activities for matches to do as a group or activities for children on the waiting list
- Lead Kids with Character sessions for matches to promote healthy decision-making and self esteem development
Your donation and our volunteers mean fewer kids in trouble in the five counties of Fresno, Madera, Kings, Tulare, and soon Kern County.
Your donation and our volunteers mean more kids succeeding at school, less skipping of class, and better classroom behavior that positively affects all children in class. It means lowered youth violence and fewer kids joining gangs.
It means a better future for more children and a stronger community for us all.